Google Group - Better Q&A

I've been trying to plug in to whatever community of iForm developers I can find. I am in both of the Yahoo groups that I'm aware of, subscribed to the PCM listserv, posted some forms to the iFormLibrary, attend the weekly conference call hosted by McKesson, and I created this blog. (If there are more sites or groups to join, please let me know!)

I just set up a Google Group called HEO iForms as a "Q&A forum" to add another place to try to get help. You may have seen "Q&A-type" forums before; they're the kind of forum where, instead of new threads, you specifically ask a question. Others can submit their questions, comments, and answers and the answers can be "voted" on.

Visit the Forum at: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/heo-iforms
Or send an email to: heo-iforms@googlegroups.com

Like I said, I'm part of other user forums and user groups, but I haven't seen much activity on those groups. From the weekly phone calls, it's apparent that people have questions, and I'd love to help in any way that I can, either by giving answers, or if nothing else, providing a mechanism by which your questions can get to the people that have the answers.

If there's one thing that I can say about our issues, it's that they are not unique. Many of the questions that I hear are those that we had to figure out ourselves. Let's stop reinventing the wheel; there's too much other work to do.

4 comments:

  1. Cool! Thanks for this!

    Can you tell me about the weekly call and how to attend it? It's news to me.

    Thanks,

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    I'm not sure that I can post the information publicly, but I'll make sure that you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Dr. Pratt would mind us putting up the registration link:
    http://markpratt.info/register/
    That'll get you signed up for the calls Mike.
    It's on Thursdays at 4pm Eastern.

    ReplyDelete